Edward Ferrars, A Token Hero?
Posted by Tamee on May 12, 1998 at 16:35:22:
I'm curious if it seems to anyone else that Edward is a token hero: someone for Elinor to love to show the contrast between the way she and Marianne love and react to being crossed in love. While he is dwelt on somewhat in the book, he rarely makes an appearance, and in the film, he is even more invisible after the family moves. Col. Brandon is far more energetic, active, and present than he is. Everything seems to just happen to him. Any other ideas?
- What Edward does offer... Lynne 17:31:32 5/12/98 (17)
- More on Edward Barbara 23:16:14 5/12/98 (6)
- Edward's duty and Willoughby's failure Tamee 14:27:23 5/13/98 (5)
- Something more Mary Anne 20:33:16 5/12/98 (9)
- smouldering--LOL!! Barbara 23:06:09 5/12/98 (8)
- Actually, Barbara that sounds like a plea for a picture :) (nfm) CathyW 00:53:14 5/13/98 (7)
- How's this for smouldering??? Barbara 23:29:24 5/13/98 (6)
- Homina! And MaMa used only to go for dark-haired guys!nfm Deborah (MaMa) 07:57:51 5/20/98 (0)
- Sigh.....Thank you Barbara! :)) (nfm) CathyW 09:56:37 5/15/98 (0)
- Goodness, is it hot in here, or is it me? (nfm) Rita J 20:39:18 5/14/98 (0)
- Barbara, you spoil us!! Thank you! (nfm) Lynn 13:13:10 5/14/98 (0)
- "Smouldering," indeed! Mary Anne 08:06:56 5/14/98 (0)
- Whoosh...there goes my monitor!where's my fire extinguisher?(nfm) Jimmy 00:37:20 5/14/98 (0)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.