Birth Order and Favortie Sister
Posted by Katy B on March 12, 1998 at 17:14:07:
Last term when we read S&S in our English Lit. class, I was surprised to find that so many people liked Marianne better than Elinor. I've always been a bit exasperated with Marianne and sympathized more with Elinor, being an eldest child myself. My roommate, also an eldest child, shares my opinion.
I wonder how much of our preference is determined by our birth order. How many older siblings like Elinor best, and how many youngest (or younger children) like Marianne better?
Does anyone find themselves in an opposite position? (Oldest child liking the youngest sister best,for example)
- exception lindal 11:18:44 3/26/98 (0)
- Hey, you could be on to something! Arnessa 19:49:43 3/14/98 (0)
- Oldest of 3 Stephie Lynn 19:52:32 3/13/98 (0)
- I'm an only... Emmy 14:07:05 3/13/98 (4)
- I'm the eldest Bryn 10:07:20 3/13/98 (0)
- youngest of 3 girls Sarah P 06:23:38 3/13/98 (0)
- I sympathize with Margaret :-) Tineke 04:45:44 3/13/98 (1)
- Youngest sister JanetF 16:01:15 3/17/98 (0)
- I don't know... Malini 19:43:38 3/12/98 (1)
- the elder Elizabeth Rose 00:51:03 3/13/98 (0)
- birth order! gayatri 18:24:40 3/12/98 (4)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.