That's what I mean.
Posted by Kathleen Ann on February 15, 1998 at 10:29:08:
In response to But, but..., written by Arnessa on February 15, 1998 at 02:43:06
Wickham was smart enough to know that he was getting the best deal he could by marrying Lydia. He was smart enough to know that Darcy's regard for Elizabeth would ensure that he (Darcy) would continue to help him.
Willoughby was so dumb that he wouldn't do the one thing that would guarranty his financial health (marry Eliza). Or the one thing that would guarranty his happiness (marry Marianne).
- What did Willoughby know and when did he know it? Arnessa 23:20:15 2/15/98 (9)
- By the book. Kathleen Ann 10:47:05 2/16/98 (8)
- Ah yes, I'd forgotten that bit. Arnessa 22:38:26 2/16/98 (7)
- Illegitimacy Lynne 00:44:43 2/17/98 (6)
- Eliza's parentage? Barbara 12:37:43 2/17/98 (1)
- Very true.... Lynne 01:19:43 2/19/98 (0)
- Wick, Will and Beth Martine 11:17:57 2/17/98 (3)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.