Definitely Princess Sophia
Posted by Galleon on September 08, 1998 at 19:02:40:
In response to Not his wife, written by Constanza on September 08, 1998 at 09:53:43
According to J.H. Plumb, The First Four Georges (1956), "[Princess Sophia's] child was by Captain Garth, according to Greville `a hideous old Devil, old enough to be her father and with a great claret mark on his face'. On the Princess Sophia's admission, [her brother] Cumberland's behaviour [rumoured to be incestuous] was never more than `imprudent', whatever that may mean." This is a very old source, of course, but a good one.
- It was a boy! Constanza 17:01:56 9/09/98 (6)
- AFT? Caroline 12:35:37 9/10/98 (4)
- The link Constanza 13:27:34 9/10/98 (1)
- Thanks! Caroline 13:55:53 9/10/98 (0)
- Does AFT mean "after" (i.e., they don't know the death date)? NFM SuzanneR 13:14:19 9/10/98 (1)
- Yes. nfm Laura W 00:27:54 9/12/98 (0)
- Yes, I'd say they were rather well "associated!" ;-) (nt) Woodhouse 20:05:26 9/09/98 (0)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.