Ballrooms in Townhouses
Posted by P. Bingham on September 01, 1998 at 18:04:26:
In response to ballrooms in townhouses..., written by Dawn R on September 01, 1998 at 10:08:19
Fine townhomes would definately have a ballroom or at least a gallery or music room or all three. But a gallery or music room could be and often was, used for the same purpose, space being the deciding factor. A hundred or more could fit in one though space was often tight. As far as how many could actually dance? I'm not certain on that account, it might depend on the type of dance as well as the space available. You can likely count on a number that will surprise you, though. They were not above elbowing. And the tighter the fit, the more guests tended to come as a high crowd meant a popular hostess.
- More Ballrooms Roger V 17:59:51 9/02/98 (8)
- location P. Bingham 23:05:12 9/02/98 (7)
- Ballrooms - again! Roger V 14:59:26 9/03/98 (0)
- First floor? ElaineL 09:54:07 9/03/98 (5)
- Ballrooms Linden 21:11:34 9/01/98 (6)
- Balls! Bob Whitworth 10:46:09 9/02/98 (1)
- Drudges and bores Caroline 12:35:13 9/02/98 (0)
- Ballrooms and Sets Captain Everett 23:18:38 9/01/98 (3)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.