Posted by Mishel on August 09, 1998 at 00:58:12:
I was just wondering, how long an engagement usually lasted from the time of 'asking' to the actual wedding day. My idea is that it was not a long period of time. Also, what sort of preparations needed to be done for a wedding for the bride. New clothes I assume, but anything else as compared with today's preparations? And did the groom do much preparation for it? Did middle to upper class people take 'honeymoons'? Where would they be most likely to go?
Sorry so many questions in one post, I did not intend for it!!
- groom's preparation Kathy F. 23:09:12 8/15/98 (0)
- Engagements, short and long Linden 23:58:51 8/11/98 (1)
- yes Caroline 10:40:43 8/12/98 (0)
- Regency Engagements/Weddings SuzanneR 13:37:00 8/09/98 (4)
- Regency Weddings Marie-Bernadette 02:27:12 8/09/98 (0)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.