Wives and camp followers
Posted by Lesley on August 08, 1998 at 01:26:20:
In response to Barracks, continued, written by Captain Everett on August 06, 1998 at 20:27:08
I would be interested in reading about the wives of enlisted men who lived with their husbands in the barracks or quarters. (Is this the term I mean? I don't mean officers, just the regular soldiers.) And also reading about the women who were camp followers. Please understand, I am not asking anyone to do research for me, but if anyone already knows of some titles, please share?
- Army Wives Captain Everett 19:16:49 8/10/98 (3)
- Captain, wasn't there a saying... Marie-Bernadette 09:24:44 8/11/98 (2)
- Officers' Ladies, Sergeants' Wives & the Soldiers' Women -NFM Captain Everett 23:26:34 8/11/98 (0)
- Sounds to me like..... Caroline 16:11:27 8/11/98 (0)
- Try Caroline 02:17:05 8/08/98 (0)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.