Posted by Bob Whitworth on August 05, 1998 at 11:01:21:
I recently purchased an original uncolored Gillray print of Lord Nelson "Hero of the Nile", dated 1798. I have scanned it into my computer, and I need to know the coloring detail of the large metal/horsehair cockade that is on his hat. I have looked through my meagre resources on Nelson and have come up with nothing.
Does anyone here know if the metal was gold or silver, and what color was the horsehair (natural, or red?). Thanks to any and all who can help.
Bob and England expect that every man shall do his duty.
- Lord Nelson's Colours Marie-Bernadette 00:33:08 8/06/98 (9)
- Nelson's Cockade Captain Everett 01:09:57 8/06/98 (3)
- Lord Nelson Bob Whitworth 01:00:44 8/06/98 (2)
- Lord Nelson Bob Whitworth 00:59:14 8/06/98 (0)
- Lord Nelson Bob Whitworth 00:58:37 8/06/98 (0)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.