Candlelight in "Persuasion"
Posted by Christy R on July 31, 1998 at 08:57:52:
In response to We take a lot for granted in our age...., written by Roger V on July 28, 1998 at 20:24:40
] It is always fascinating to visit a location such as you described after dark, because it really brings home the fact that we take electricity and electric lights for granted, and the only time we REALLY think about them is when a light doesn't come on when we flip the switch.
In the movie adaptation of Persuasion with Amanda Root, the lighting at night was done far more realistically than most other films. It is quite dim and yellow-orange, which is how things appear in candlelight.
- More on Candlelight--Persuasion, etc. Anna P 11:30:36 7/31/98 (8)
- Even in the 20th C. Carolyn B 07:47:47 8/02/98 (0)
- More light on the subject...... Roger V 23:32:12 7/31/98 (6)
- mirrors would have enhanced the lighting also Gayle 20:18:32 8/01/98 (0)
- Not if Mr. Woodhouse had anything to say about it! ;-) The Mysterious H.C. 13:00:49 8/01/98 (4)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.