Posted by Caroline on July 27, 1998 at 21:01:48:
In response to Stepping back in time..., written by Jane Elizabeth on July 27, 1998 at 18:15:04
] Sturbridge is, of course, just one of many historical restorations in America (and the world), and I humbly suggest that those of you interested in the customs of the past take time to seek out and support these places.
I couldn't agree more! And since it was just post-Austen, perhaps you could expand a bit on that 'Candlelight' evening? It could be fun to compare what you did with what JA might have done........
- Candlelight Jane Elizabeth 13:22:53 7/28/98 (12)
- We take a lot for granted in our age.... Roger V 20:24:40 7/28/98 (11)
- Candlelight in "Persuasion" Christy R 08:57:52 7/31/98 (9)
- More on Candlelight--Persuasion, etc. Anna P 11:30:36 7/31/98 (8)
- Even in the 20th C. Carolyn B 07:47:47 8/02/98 (0)
- More light on the subject...... Roger V 23:32:12 7/31/98 (6)
- mirrors would have enhanced the lighting also Gayle 20:18:32 8/01/98 (0)
- Not if Mr. Woodhouse had anything to say about it! ;-) The Mysterious H.C. 13:00:49 8/01/98 (4)
- Candle power Jane Elizabeth 13:59:12 7/29/98 (0)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.