Posted by mishel on July 14, 1998 at 21:45:32:
In response to bath time, written by Barbara K on July 14, 1998 at 10:08:35
] -As gross (by today's standards) as it sounds, dirty hair will hold more elaborate styles if it hasn't been washed in a couple days.
I used to be a hairstylist and we always told the girls coming in for updos not to wash there hair the day of the service. One girl took it too far and didn't wash hers for a week!! It was far too greasy to hold a
style then! With women using sprays and mousses and stuff today, one or two days without washing is fine. I would hazard a guess that the girls back then did it once a week. Didn't they have some kind of powder they put in their hair to absorb oil?? love m
- They could have used sugar-water like hairspray! OR . . . BarbaraK 14:47:12 8/06/98 (0)
- actually... Courtney Lynne 22:40:06 7/14/98 (3)
- Way back in the 60's Earlene 01:21:29 7/16/98 (2)
- Earlene is right! Gayle 13:19:10 7/19/98 (0)
- what is correct for bring children to a wedding @ night Ivagene Archambeault 09:53:42 7/17/98 (0)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.