Posted by Barbara K on July 14, 1998 at 10:08:35:
In response to Bathing, &c., written by Marie-Bernadette on July 13, 1998 at 13:43:18
Forgive me for joining the conversation but, from my experience working in a historical village in the u.s., I can add some interesting thoughts: (Iwear a lot of the clothing: corsets, stays, etc...)
-It really is not hard to lace one's own corset, once it has been sized, because you just need to pull the middle laces!
-As gross (by today's standards) as it sounds, dirty hair will hold more elaborate styles if it hasn't been washed in a couple days.
-Both corsets and stays are mainly for support and posture not to have a 17 inch waist!
- I envy you (I think)... Gayle 13:12:31 7/19/98 (2)
- dirty hair mishel 21:45:32 7/14/98 (5)
- They could have used sugar-water like hairspray! OR . . . BarbaraK 14:47:12 8/06/98 (0)
- actually... Courtney Lynne 22:40:06 7/14/98 (3)
- Way back in the 60's Earlene 01:21:29 7/16/98 (2)
- Earlene is right! Gayle 13:19:10 7/19/98 (0)
- what is correct for bring children to a wedding @ night Ivagene Archambeault 09:53:42 7/17/98 (0)
- Lacing Marie-Bernadette 19:18:56 7/14/98 (3)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.