Posted by Ken on July 09, 1998 at 07:59:23:
In response to Did you say Geology?, written by P. Bingham on July 09, 1998 at 03:53:09
] My kid brother (one of them anyway) is a geology freak. . . . I wish he new something about England! Doubt he does.
Let us not forget that geology was one of the, if not the foremost, hot sciences of the early 19th century. I haven't read any of JA's letters--does she happen to make mention of any of the controversies, or the Neptunians or anything like that? It might have been too esoteric for her to hear much about it, but it ignited firestorms comparable to Darwin at midcentury. So it is entirely appropriate on this board to find ourselves digressing (in at least pseudo-learned fashion) about geology (-;
- Of course....... Caroline 15:05:30 7/09/98 (4)
- Mea Maxima Culpa Ken 08:18:04 7/10/98 (3)
- whew Earlene 05:48:34 7/12/98 (0)
- Okay , Okay, enough already!;-) Caroline 23:14:42 7/10/98 (0)
- Sorry, Forgot to Add Plentiful (-:s to Previous Note! (nfm) Ken 12:13:57 7/10/98 (0)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.