Periods of mourning
Posted by Ann on June 25, 1998 at 18:29:15:
I was wondering about the periods of mourning.
I'm writing a story in which Col. Fitzwilliam dies. At about the same time, Georgiana becomes engaged. How long would she be expected to wait before the wedding could take place? Col. Fitz was not only her cousin, but her co-guardian, would that make a difference? Would people stay in mourning longer for a relative that they were close to, than they would a relative that they barely knew? Does anyone know, or could anyone point me to a source for the information.
- Mourning for a cousin. Linden 03:33:48 6/27/98 (0)
- Col. Fitzwilliam Arlene 10:31:10 6/26/98 (4)
- Who's brave enough to break the news to Katt, Meesh, & Rachel?nfm caitlin 14:49:21 6/26/98 (2)
- He is in the army, and the country is at war! (nfm) Ann 10:59:45 6/26/98 (0)
- My reference is....(somewhat long) CathyW 20:00:51 6/25/98 (1)
- What JA Ate & CD Knew Laura W 01:18:31 6/28/98 (0)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.