Posted by mishel on June 24, 1998 at 22:46:14:
as I've written before, I am having a Regency themed wedding. I have one problem, (I think it's a problem,)...
My fiance has always wanted to wear a kilt in our wedding!
Now, he's of Welsh descent, and I would love for him to wear a kilt for he has lovely legs. He wants to wear a blue color tartan, one like our Nova Scotia tartan. Is there any man in England, who ever would have reason to wear a kilt, and how far of a stretch is it to wear one at a wedding? (during the Regency period)
He will wear a kilt whether it fits or not, I'm just looking for a reason that I can tell people. Obviously, we both want our wedding to be unique, and he has mentioned to me that he likes the look of Prince Charles, (of Wales) wearing his kilt. I said he didn't wear it on his wedding day, he seems to only wear it when vacationing at Balmoral! Please, if anyone knows of one iota of info that can help me get around this trivial snag in my wedding plans, I would truly appreciate it. Very sorry to ramble, thanks to anyone so very much who can help. Love Mishel...
- Kilts in England? Linden 20:38:27 6/25/98 (7)
- Bagpipes Arlene 10:26:18 6/26/98 (0)
- Och! Ye do no like the bug peeps! Yer no ah Scottish lass!(nfm) Marie-Bernadette 22:50:24 6/25/98 (5)
- Buggs & Pipes Roger V 19:47:25 6/28/98 (4)
- Clobbering Caroline 08:53:45 6/30/98 (0)
- Wheest! and away with ye! ;-) (nfm) email@example.com 13:54:46 6/29/98 (2)
- Sorry, DTBT yet again and getting a bit bass-ackwards! (nfm) Marie-Bernadette 15:20:30 6/29/98 (1)
- Kilts on a Wedding Akbar Wajahat 15:48:15 7/20/98 (0)
- What a nice idea! P. Bingham 03:57:30 6/25/98 (0)
- Kilts John W 22:53:23 6/24/98 (4)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.