Wearing of corsets
Posted by Sue on June 14, 1998 at 10:30:13:
I am collecting material for a book on the history of domestic health 1700 – present. Right now I am trying to find out more about the effects of 18 and 19 century corsets on the contemporary wearer.
For those of you who have worn period corsets for any length of time I would appreciate your comments on :
- what is the effect that you notice, and that others notice too ? I am sure it is more than just waist reduction ?
- where, on your body, and when does your corset start to become uncomfortable ?
- do you feel more superior, beautiful, taller in your corset ?
- how would you feel about wearing your corset all day everyday ? Our great grandmothers did.
- what activity today do you find difficult in your corset ?
Do please either answer here or mail me at
- The 1881 perspective on Regency underthings... The Mysterious H.C. 12:37:13 6/18/98 (4)
- Regency Stays Mary Price 12:13:01 6/16/98 (2)
- Stays Constanza 13:09:46 6/16/98 (1)
- This picture also shows that women did wear drawers. (nfm) Marie-Bernadette 17:40:21 6/16/98 (0)
- Regency Stays Mary Price 12:12:49 6/16/98 (0)
- Wrong period! P. Bingham 00:40:31 6/15/98 (0)
- Wrong Period? The Mysterious H.C. 10:53:32 6/14/98 (0)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.