Proposing marriage by letter
Posted by CathyW on June 11, 1998 at 21:41:03:
In Emma, Robert Martin proposes to Harriett Smith by letter even though he lives in the area.
What about a navy or army man not stationed nearby? If he were assured of the lady's affections and the positive response of her parents, would this be possible?
- Long distance romances Lou 19:54:05 6/12/98 (4)
- Thanks for the help, Lou....... CathyW 02:05:46 6/13/98 (3)
- Further info... Lou 13:03:44 6/13/98 (2)
- letters and engagements Emelye 07:55:20 6/19/98 (0)
- Thanks again, Lou. I had forgotten about the dowry.(nfm) CathyW 13:37:28 6/13/98 (0)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.