Some other ideas
Posted by Caroline on June 06, 1998 at 15:09:23:
In response to Thanks, Carolyn, that's a possibility. , written by CathyW on June 06, 1998 at 03:14:04
Cathy, I'm probably coming over as very negative about your whole idea, for which I apologise. I've been a bit distracted as of late, and I haven't really wanted to put my brain to work on this one. However, I started dreaming about it last night, and this morning there were some fairly clear ideas in my head.
I take it that there's an element of comedy in this, that you've either got someone like Mr. Collins that has to be made undignified? If so , you might like to consider the following;
1. Being tossed into a hedge full of Hawthorn and Wild Roses by a bull. Or better still, a patch of Brambles or Gorse (very prickly- ouch!)Or , if you ish, a midden or a duck-pond.
2. Being chased by a swarm of bees or wasps.
3. Being bitten by a wild pony. There are some very restricted parts of England where ponies roam freely ( though they are owned)and where they are not at all shy about inviting themselves to your picnic, and reminding you that they would like to eat , too.
4. Falling into a bog(very dangerous.)
5. Being bitten by a goose or a pig, or attacked by a swan (why would anyone want to provoke a swan?)
I hope that gives you some ideas. I must admit that I'd dismiss the snake idea. Adders are shy, inoffensive creatures, and only bite when cornered.
- Just what I am looking for. Thank you, Caroline. CathyW 17:27:00 6/06/98 (0)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.