Speculation- Mr Gardiner's Business
Posted by Caroline on May 13, 1998 at 14:19:52:
What do you think Mr Gardiner did for a living? He lived in Gracechurch Street, but he may not have worked there.Here's some wild guesses;
1. He ran a printshop (that was inspired by Helen- thanks, dear!)
2.He had an import-export agency with offices in Holbourn and off The Highway.
3.He owned the bell foundry in Aldgate.
I don't think he worked for the government, or JA would have said so. I can't see him running a slaughterhouse or a coffee-shop, can you? Or being a brewer.
Seriously, what do you think?
- Thank you! Caroline 11:20:34 5/20/98 (0)
- London guilds Linden 18:47:33 5/15/98 (1)
- Guilds Caroline 21:29:10 5/15/98 (0)
- Time to check references ValR 22:36:22 5/13/98 (7)
- Warehouses Caroline 16:50:33 5/15/98 (0)
- Trade John W 23:29:54 5/13/98 (5)
- Why not a brewer? Linden 20:11:28 5/13/98 (5)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.