Posted by Linden on May 09, 1998 at 19:57:59:
In response to Teacher needs help, written by Betty on May 09, 1998 at 19:39:32
] Hi, I am currently teaching Pride and Prejudice to high school freshman. I want to have a "social" where the students will attempt to emulate the social mileau of Austen's time. I would appreciate suggestions regarding games, food, costumes, manners and conversation. Please remember that I am limited by time and budget. Thanks!
You could lay the ground rules for dancing, which would be:
1. Only couples can dance
2. Only the man can ask someone to dance, the woman can merely refuse - and she can only refuse to dance in general: she can't refuse to dance just with him.
3. A young man and woman cannot go off alone together.
4. People of all ages can dance.
5. The music should be quiet enough to allow conversation.
Personally I'd think that was enough to put them off JA for life, but you might try it.
- foods and other things Lizzy 11:09:26 5/11/98 (2)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.