regarding de Sade:
Posted by P. Bingham on April 30, 1998 at 02:34:10:
In response to diseases and behaviour, written by Marie-Bernadette on April 30, 1998 at 01:27:51
These days de Sade is becoming more understood and many fans are coming out of the woodwork. It is said that much of what has been written of him has been written by his enemies who purpously made him a degenerate. Now, after reading some of this man's writing, its hard to believe that anyone had to make de Sade appear like a degenerate. I've read quite a bit and I can tell you it is not particularly "appetising". If you've read his work yourself, I think you might know what I am specifically referring to. But basically, his fans have said that his perverse behavior was limited to his writing, and of course all of his writing was done while in prison. You know, people can write nasty things and not be nasty themselves. And de Sade was very devoted to his wife, treated her very well and was petted by her in return. Remember all that chocolate she sent him? As well as other things? So I myself am coming to believe that perhaps he was not such a bad guy after all. Aside from his syphlis.
- detractors Marie-Bernadette 14:02:26 4/30/98 (5)
- ahem... P. Bingham 15:50:58 4/30/98 (4)
- No excuses Marie-Bernadette 23:32:31 5/10/98 (3)
- I was just kidding! P. Bingham 00:08:27 5/18/98 (2)
- How do you always get tucked down here in corner, Patricia?;-)nfm Marie-Bernadette 16:40:47 5/19/98 (1)
- As you must know by now... P. Bingham 00:08:04 5/21/98 (0)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.