tv & movies
Posted by agt3 on April 17, 1998 at 20:10:56:
In response to Influence of television adaptations, written by Phil H on April 17, 1998 at 19:53:53
] ] A real danger in reading a 200 year old novel, it seems to me, is that of projecting the concerns and fads from our own time into the mind of the writer and her characters.
] Especially if you have recently watched P&P2, in which Lizzy's character is portrayed with a heavy late 20th century spin, IMO.
] It's a real problem with modern remakes of the classics. The last Scarlet Letter with Demi Moore was absolutely ridiculous.
- Contamination by TV and movies Phil H 20:24:07 4/17/98 (10)
- adaptations agt3 20:36:15 4/17/98 (9)
- Colin Firth? Who? Phil H 20:41:29 4/17/98 (8)
- leg-pull agt3 20:44:11 4/17/98 (7)
- Okay, I'm stopping this conversation here, because.... Caroline 21:19:40 4/17/98 (3)
- Okay, I'm stopping this conversation here, because.... Caroline 21:14:26 4/17/98 (0)
- An obession for many Pemberlians Phil H 21:12:28 4/17/98 (1)
- Thanks Phil. Great minds think alike, eh?(nfm) Caroline 21:21:13 4/17/98 (0)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.