English reaction to Waterloo
Posted by Leanne S on April 17, 1998 at 16:09:28:
In response to Did the English fear Napolean?, written by Kemi on April 16, 1998 at 18:11:47
] Did they worry that England itself would be invaded? Was his exile to Alba well received, that is, was anyone calling for his execution?
His escape from Alba a few years later must've caused some palpitating hearts too ... but mainly in French bosoms from what little I've read. I've found myself wondering just what the English reaction was to Waterloo (even though they won, the losses were devastating), but I'm afraid that might be rather beyond the scope of this page!
- A British Farse P, Bingham 23:35:30 4/18/98 (0)
- We won, didn't we? ;-) Caroline 17:55:27 4/17/98 (13)
- boney Phil C 11:17:58 4/19/98 (12)
- Quoi?! Marie Bernadette 14:32:58 4/21/98 (0)
- Regarding general reaction Leanne S 11:56:54 4/20/98 (10)
- Napoleonic Code Caroline 12:32:46 4/20/98 (9)
- Napoleonic Code Laura W 11:41:09 4/21/98 (3)
- Bony John W 19:10:58 4/20/98 (4)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.