The fallen tree
Posted by Caroline on April 13, 1998 at 21:09:36:
In response to If a tree falls in the forest(historically speaking)..., written by Greg on April 13, 1998 at 20:58:04
what say you to the specific case of the newlywed Knightley's kissing in front of everyone outside the church - is that an "extenuating" enough circumstance?
I'd say that this was a respected ritual , expected part of the goings-on, a sign that all is well with the happy couple. After all,the vicar says, as part of the marriage ceremony, "Now you may kiss the bride."
Doesn't the photographer at a modern wedding insist on this bit of ceremonial?
- Kiss the bride Tineke 04:23:16 4/15/98 (1)
- Not just in American movies MB 17:18:40 4/20/98 (0)
- Kiss the bride The Mysterious H.C. 11:37:23 4/14/98 (0)
- I suppose. But they should have at least LOOKED embarassed(NFM) Greg 21:38:03 4/13/98 (7)
- But why? P. Bingham 23:32:00 4/13/98 (6)
- Two answers for the price of one... Greg 22:03:06 4/14/98 (5)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.