Posted by Jenna on April 09, 1998 at 10:45:41:
In rereading P&P for the umpteenth time, I finally admitted that I have no idea what Mrs. Bennet means by having Lizzie and Darcy apply for a special license. Does this validate their marriage any further? give them more notice because it costs more money? or is it just proof on record that speaks well for their status and good breeding?
Sorry if this topic has already been covered at length.
- special license John McNearney 13:33:21 4/17/98 (0)
- special license John McNearney 13:32:15 4/17/98 (0)
- Many Thanks (nfm) Jenna 13:24:52 4/10/98 (1)
- special license John McNearney 13:45:16 4/17/98 (0)
- marriage licenses Jimmy 12:35:26 4/09/98 (6)
- Marriage License -- only a preparation for religious ceremony The Mysterious H.C. 13:22:01 4/09/98 (1)
- Ooops, got my timeline scrambled... Jimmy 22:57:41 4/09/98 (0)
- Special License Myretta 13:18:21 4/09/98 (3)
- Ahhhh...thank you. The question was bouncing around my head... Jimmy 00:40:35 4/10/98 (2)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.