Ball gowns and color
Posted by ElaineL on March 27, 1998 at 20:45:59:
In reading one source, it said the women's ball gowns were white or of that vein. However, when watching the Netherfield ball in P&P2, Charlotte's dress is blue, Caroline's is orange and wasn't Louise's green (had to stop watching the tape before she showed up at the piano)
The majority of the available women wore white or very pale colors.
So was a deeper shade more in fashion, therefore Caroline's orange. Or did my source mislead me and any color was fashionable for a ball whether striking or muted?
- Thanks all! ElaineL 16:13:19 3/29/98 (0)
- colors- what years? Kathy H. 20:21:28 3/28/98 (0)
- Ball gowns Caroline 14:36:33 3/28/98 (0)
- colors P. Bingham 23:46:44 3/27/98 (0)
- Movies vs Real Life May 23:27:39 3/27/98 (0)
- Dress Colors The Mysterious H.C. 22:16:20 3/27/98 (0)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.