Posted by D'Anne on March 18, 1998 at 17:59:24:
I am curious about why there is so little mention of Christmas in JA's books. Also, there is a part in P&P where the Gardiners come to Longbourn for Christmas without their children. This would be unheard of today. Was the holiday just not as significant a family thing as now. Thanks for any info. on the subject.
- Alright, here's another big pile of Bumf.... ;-) Caroline 17:35:12 3/22/98 (2)
- Unrelated, but coincidently Captain Everett 13:29:58 3/22/98 (0)
- Some Xmas info (You had to ask ; ) Carolyn B 12:05:05 3/22/98 (0)
- Boxing Day Captain Everett 11:55:01 3/21/98 (1)
- St Stephen's Day Caroline 20:04:40 3/21/98 (0)
- Info on the subject Caroline 16:14:18 3/20/98 (1)
- Thank you D'Anne 17:33:23 3/20/98 (0)
- Christmas Linden 21:46:23 3/19/98 (6)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.