Posted by Captain Everett on March 14, 1998 at 10:19:41:
In response to You must lead an exciting life!, written by P. Bingham on March 14, 1998 at 01:06:34
] being a commanding officer of the ... uhm...Army? I am a packrat myself, and I collect everything Regency (well, anything Historic to England actually, not just regency) that my cheeks will hold. And no, I don't thing the Guillotine would not be politically correct today, parents much prefer the tank or the uzzy!
Commander of the Army? I didn't know the Duke of York was posting under assumed name! Or is that a different army? ;-)
I was also thinking about how much toys have changed since I was a child. (Being 43 years old now.) I had a number of "guns" that fired plastic bullets, or other toys that flung projectiles of various sorts. Today, you only see things that fire "nerf" or some other soft material. There's a whole different attitude towards child safety today. The modern reaction would be that the child is likely to put their fingers into the guillotine and be hurt that way. I don't think we had any more common sense in my day, but those cuts and bruises seemed to be regarded more as a learning experience than a reason to sue the manufacturer.
I remain, etc.
- toys and guns. P. Bingham 18:55:01 3/15/98 (12)
- Caps Ken 13:14:09 3/16/98 (1)
- that's right! P. Bingham 16:57:47 3/17/98 (0)
- Forgive my vanity, but... Captain Everett 22:22:22 3/15/98 (9)
- no apologies... P. Bingham 13:10:24 3/17/98 (2)
- Do not apologise, Sir... Marie Bernadette 17:33:30 3/16/98 (3)
- HERE's the Link Captain Everett 23:10:01 3/15/98 (0)
- HERE's the Link Captain Everett 23:09:07 3/15/98 (0)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.