Posted by Amy on March 10, 1998 at 22:15:13:
In response to debtors' prisons, written by Clarence on March 10, 1998 at 19:24:09
] I wonder how many folks would have credit problems and be declaring bankruptcy leaving their creditors high and dry if there were debtor's prisons and workhouses such as those in oldern England.
I don't know, Clarence, but the whole idea of those places are fascinating to me, especially the way the Marshalsea was depicted in The Little Dorrit, there it was like a ghetto, with family members living there, but at a higher rent than elsewhere. Quite a world apart.
- bankruptcy Sarah P 06:18:42 3/11/98 (8)
- Single Mothers Cassia 13:00:42 3/12/98 (4)
- Worse Ken 10:08:23 3/11/98 (2)
- String 'em up, that's what I say... Helen 13:55:43 3/11/98 (1)
- Sounds like it's time to read the' episode of the sedan chair' Caroline 15:51:49 3/11/98 (0)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.