I think they are doing a better job...
Posted by Lynne on March 09, 1998 at 16:58:23:
In response to Hairstyles..., written by P. Bingham on March 09, 1998 at 14:15:53
...than formerly. I think of the period pieces I have lately watched, and esp. JA adaptions, in which they do seem to try to be more accurate about hairstyles. I try to compare such things against paintings of the particular period, and of course, if possible, photographs. For example, I felt the hairstyles in P&P2 looked very un-1990s. Then again, I had something of a problem with Marianne's hair in S&S--obviously, they had permed her hair, and it was really too curly for my taste, though I suppose this type of hair corresponded to Marianne's romanticism...it is hard to imagine someone having hair that curly, even if they wanted you to believe her hair was that way naturally...
- About that curly hair.... JennieC 19:58:39 3/09/98 (0)
- Stars vs. extras Carolyn B 17:39:18 3/09/98 (8)
- Star style Valerie McKnight 23:45:33 3/10/98 (7)
- you made a good point. P. Bingham 13:03:54 3/11/98 (6)
- Grime Valerie Mc. 22:09:38 3/11/98 (0)
- Horseman on the Roof!!!Yesyesyesyes! HtF,S! *sigh* and also Marie Bernadette 14:21:36 3/11/98 (4)
- which Heathcliff? P. Bingham 22:01:00 3/11/98 (3)
- The Ralph Fienne Heathcliff. Did I spell his name right? nfm Marie Bernadette 00:44:31 3/12/98 (2)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.