Making them up
Posted by Jessamyn on February 24, 1998 at 00:19:04:
In response to You may be right, written by Caroline on February 23, 1998 at 21:52:07
] Also, do you really think that the movie-makers went to the same trouble we are? I mean, perhaps these knots in the picture were a combination of a few of them.
] That had crossed my mind, Patricia.Some of them don't seem to fit at all, do they? Still, I'd like to give it a go, and see what turns up.....
I read in the rather nifty book that I found at the library recently, The Tie (author: Sarah Gibbings) that men made up lots of styles themselves--you know, young men, trying to come up with something clever and new and yet fashionable--and that seemed to be socially okay. So we can forgive Darcy for tying his necktie in his own way. Perhaps it's The Darcy!
- Myers-Briggs, Darcy and neckwear Caroline 17:20:49 2/24/98 (1)
- I don't think he would P. Bingham 18:43:42 2/24/98 (0)
- next time I have got a cold ... Ann2 08:44:19 2/24/98 (1)
- A kindred spirit!(as if it needs to be said again!) Caroline 15:42:41 2/24/98 (0)
- Oh Lord It's Darcy again! Patricia Bingham 00:38:39 2/24/98 (0)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.