Posted by Marie Bernadette on January 22, 1998 at 01:30:44:
In response to Cravats 'n stuff, written by Woodhouse on January 21, 1998 at 20:59:22
] Thanks! You are a wealth of information.
Merci beau coup (she says, most modestly).
Did you read Caroline's post at the S&S?
Yes, and I thought it was an excellent, concise definition.
Can you post the drawings that you have, Woodhouse? I would like to see them.
Here is what it is recommended that the traveling gentleman carry: (From The Art of Tying the Cravat mentioned above)
1. A dozen (at least) of plain white Cravats.
2. The same quantity of spotted and striped white Cravats.
3. A dozen coloured ditto.
4. Three dozen (at least) shirt collars.
5. Two whalebone stiffeners.
6. Two black silk Cravats.
7. The small iron mentioned in the first lesson.
8. As many copies as possible, of this important and useful work, taking the precaution of having them well bound, that they may occupy less room.
I am glad I do not have to do his laundry! ;-)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.