Posted by Lesley on October 03, 1998 at 00:15:52:
Reading the posts below has really been enlightening...I am relieved to see that people are also mentioning the books I dislike. However, I see that some people are mentioning books that I like a lot. Namely, The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. They are my "comfort" books. If I feel down or if I am ill, I love to read them- they make me feel so much better. Several more comfort books are Agatha Christie's autobiography and her mysteries, A Murder is Announced and The Moving Finger and her short stories. Also, Shattered Silk by Barbara Michaels, The Queen Mother by Penelope Mortimer. Any kind of art book really cheers me up as well as anything drwan by Mary Engelbreit. What are your comfort books?
- My Comforts AmandaB 22:55:34 10/04/98 (0)
- My comfort books Kristin T 17:43:08 10/04/98 (0)
- Anne & Lizzy Emmy 13:46:19 10/04/98 (0)
- About comfort and classics I couldnīt read -a Finnish view:-) sanna 00:49:26 10/04/98 (0)
- Jane, Jane, Jane Patricia N 19:00:15 10/03/98 (0)
- Hornblower for me Art 08:15:19 10/03/98 (0)
- My comfort books Chael 01:05:22 10/03/98 (1)
- Comfort books Lizard 06:10:26 10/03/98 (0)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.