Lord of the Rings
Posted by Patricia N on October 02, 1998 at 15:36:55:
In response to Dittos on UGH (not Hemingway, though), written by Leea on October 02, 1998 at 14:26:32
And Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings (I hope I got the name right). I've started reading it plenty of times, but never gotten anywhere. It's sooo boring. Now I guess it's my time to say UGH. UGH UGH. UGHHH.
For a family activity we read good novels to our children such as Huckleberry Finn and To Kill a Mockingbird. Once our son insisted we read a book of his choice. We agreed that this was fair so we read The Lord of the Rings. My husband and I nearly died of boredom. It did not seem as if we would ever get to the end of that one! The sacrifices of parenthood.
- Everyone's worsts Tolkien, Steinbeck, Hemingway lizad 23:59:21 10/02/98 (13)
- But I adore Tolkien!!! (nfm) Susan 00:04:21 10/04/98 (0)
- I liked Steinbeck! Patricia N 18:56:00 10/03/98 (11)
- banned books Chael 19:34:20 10/03/98 (10)
- Why? Kristin T 17:03:33 10/04/98 (5)
- banned books Lizard 00:33:28 10/04/98 (3)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.