Dittos on Hemingway - Double UUUGGGHHH!
Posted by HannahR on October 02, 1998 at 09:55:14:
In response to My choice is..., written by Susan on October 02, 1998 at 02:14:05
] ] What great writer do YOU think stinks and is unworthy of his/her reputation? Feel free to be vicious.
] Ernest Hemingway. UGH! How did the man EVER get published?
Isn't he horrible? Why oh why did I have to read "The Sun Also Rises" when my teacher could have picked Austen? None of my high school or college lit courses touched on JA - but they sure filled me up with Hemingway, Kafka (another weirdo) and Dickens (so-so)!
- Dittos on UGH (not Hemingway, though) Leea 14:26:32 10/02/98 (15)
- Lord of the Rings Patricia N 15:36:55 10/02/98 (14)
- Everyone's worsts Tolkien, Steinbeck, Hemingway lizad 23:59:21 10/02/98 (13)
- But I adore Tolkien!!! (nfm) Susan 00:04:21 10/04/98 (0)
- I liked Steinbeck! Patricia N 18:56:00 10/03/98 (11)
- banned books Chael 19:34:20 10/03/98 (10)
- Why? Kristin T 17:03:33 10/04/98 (5)
- banned books Lizard 00:33:28 10/04/98 (3)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.