Why I don't read Hardy...
Posted by The Mysterious H.C. on September 18, 1998 at 00:04:12:
In response to If it consoles you..., written by Caroline on September 16, 1998 at 14:04:00
] 1) I basically never read Hardy because he's always so miserable.
] 3) Now that I've seen the broadcast, I've lost all desire to continue reading
I saw a movie or TV adaptation of Tess in the early 1980's (I guess? -- not sure if it's the same one you guys were just watching) and I don't remember much of it now, but it certainly didn't inspire me with much desire to read the book; and also, whenever I pick up a Hardy paperback in a bookstore, just the cover blurb makes me put it right back on the shelf ;-)
- But Hardy Can Be Funny Cassia 10:18:43 9/24/98 (0)
- and yet you like.. Jane 10:56:29 9/21/98 (3)
- Add a smiley when you say that, pardner [NFM] The Mysterious H.C. 21:04:05 9/21/98 (2)
- It ain't an easy task gettin' folks to appreciate MP *nfm* :-) Lea 13:04:00 9/22/98 (0)
- Where are the smiley URLs? I did look before posting (nfm) Jane 12:55:22 9/22/98 (0)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.