Would love your opinions on "Desire and Duty"
Posted by Cyndie on August 24, 1998 at 12:45:14:
While on vacation this summer, I read my youngest sisters copy of Desire and Duty. I have to say that it was one of the most pathetic pieces of anything pretending to be literature that I have ever read! They tried so hard to tie it to P&P that there were actually near-direct quotes out of the original all over the place. They turned Georgiana into a kind of religious zealot, and Darcy and Lizzy hardly figure in the story at all. I have to confess that I did enjoy it in one way...it provided the best laugh I have had in ages! Has anyone else read it?
- Looking for good sequels? Lesley 02:05:46 8/27/98 (0)
- Desire and Duty Olivia Ann 09:26:44 8/26/98 (2)
- Just wanted to say ..."Hi, Olivia Ann!"... *nfm* :-) Lea 16:23:09 8/28/98 (0)
- You are too generous, Olivia. A 2 is 2 points too kind! (NFM) Cyndie 13:52:59 8/26/98 (0)
- Sequel reviews; PLEASE IGNORE PREVIOUS POST ON THIS SUBJECT Linda 20:38:07 8/24/98 (0)
- Sequel reviews Linda 20:35:18 8/24/98 (0)
- Agreement Caroline 19:14:31 8/24/98 (1)
- A great big AMEN, Caroline! (I was trying to be nice ) NFM Cyndie 23:00:37 8/24/98 (0)
- I have indeed.... Lynn 13:07:27 8/24/98 (0)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.