Cold Comfort Farm - the movie vs the book
Posted by Constanza on August 24, 1998 at 11:51:49:
Well, I finally saw it and I quite like it, though not as much as the book. I have two questions for you experts:
1) What do you think of Flora's attempted writing in the movie? I don't think her style is in character. I mean, she is neat and admires JA, I don't think her style would be so florid, and metaphorical.
2) What is the name of the actor that plays Seth? wow!
-I don't like the way Charles was portraied (sp?), so stiff and dandy-like and he looked like an idiot! He was no such thing.
-It was close-captioned, and it was horrible. All those nice words that SG invented were done away with. The suckebind (sp?) became simply "flowers", the water-volves became the water mice, etc. tsk tsk
And a doubt: there was a sign posted at the beginning of the movie stating that the contents of the film had been modified that it may be watched by "all audiences" (that means that the content is suitable for children). I wonder what they left out.
- *** Passages Karen V 02:19:11 8/27/98 (0)
- Writing & Scenes Karen R 23:14:22 8/26/98 (0)
- Flora's writing Lesley 01:00:52 8/25/98 (0)
- Seth.... Kate 00:04:39 8/25/98 (3)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.