Posted by Gwen on August 17, 1998 at 11:45:41:
In response to Royal reading, written by Lisa M on August 17, 1998 at 10:37:33
] Two titles come to mind: "Fall of the House of Windsor" by NIgel Blundell and Susan Blackhall and "The Decline and Fall of the House of Windsor" by Donald Spoto. The titles sound rather extreme but by their very nature, the Royal Family can be rather "sentsational". There are some others but I question some of the "facts" (Kitty Kelley's "The Royals" comes to mind). IF you are interested in individuals, I can give you other titles.
] Thanks for your suggestions. I am also interested in reading about individuals, particularly Queen Victoria. I am also curious about novels which have used the royal family as a focal point for their stories. I have heard about Josephine Tey's "Daughter of Time" and plan on purchasing it soon.
- Queen V books etc. Lisa M 14:33:02 8/17/98 (4)
- Victoria, Elizabeth I, Daughter of Time, etc. Kathi 23:10:25 8/25/98 (0)
- Royal Reading Gwen 10:04:08 8/18/98 (1)
- Victoria and Albert Maire 10:13:54 8/19/98 (0)
- PS: all of the books are available through Bookserve eom Lisa M 14:41:24 8/17/98 (0)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.