Posted by Lisa M on August 17, 1998 at 10:37:33:
In response to Looking for Book Recommendations, written by Gwen on August 17, 1998 at 10:08:31
] I recently watched Mrs. Brown on video and found that I was very interested in Queen Victoria. Can anyone recommend some books about the royal family that is not overly dry and boring or overly sensational? Thanks!
Two titles come to mind: "Fall of the House of Windsor" by NIgel Blundell and Susan Blackhall and "The Decline and Fall of the House of Windsor" by Donald Spoto. The titles sound rather extreme but by their very nature, the Royal Family can be rather "sentsational". There are some others but I question some of the "facts" (Kitty Kelley's "The Royals" comes to mind). IF you are interested in individuals, I can give you other titles.
- Royal Reading Gwen 11:45:41 8/17/98 (5)
- Queen V books etc. Lisa M 14:33:02 8/17/98 (4)
- Victoria, Elizabeth I, Daughter of Time, etc. Kathi 23:10:25 8/25/98 (0)
- Royal Reading Gwen 10:04:08 8/18/98 (1)
- Victoria and Albert Maire 10:13:54 8/19/98 (0)
- PS: all of the books are available through Bookserve eom Lisa M 14:41:24 8/17/98 (0)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.