so long, farewell...
Posted by Kate on July 27, 1998 at 18:39:12:
Dear friends (and I think I may call you friends)
The time has come for me to officially resign as host of the Library board and hand over to Jane. I will be going offline progressively in the next week - first at home (Saturday) then at work (next Wednesday) and I have a million and one things to do before my departure, so this is the right time.
I have very much enjoyed the interesting and occasionally heated debates we have had in here, and it has certainly made me read more widely than I might have done. Thank you all for your contributions and enthusiasm.
I'm not going away completely. I will still be looking after the Recommended reading page (which should get an update before the end of the week, if I can find an hour or so!).
However, I anticipate being pretty much off line well into September. Hopefully I'll be back some time after that.
I do have an email address, however: you will get me at email@example.com
It's been a joy.
- See you back here in September... Jane 22:55:36 7/28/98 (1)
- You will be missed very much! Hurry back! (nfm) Barbara 13:24:36 7/29/98 (0)
- You've been great! We'll miss you! nfm Jane Elizabeth 13:31:30 7/28/98 (2)
- Thank you, Kate! Welcome, Jane! Linda 09:35:41 7/28/98 (0)
- :-( *nfm* Constanza 08:35:23 7/28/98 (0)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.