Crime and Crewelty
Posted by gkb on June 19, 1998 at 17:00:29:
In response to Yes...and...but..., written by Bonny on June 19, 1998 at 08:32:54
] But it seems to me that the "crimes" commited by these two are very different, that Fanny is less culpable than Tom.
No question onthis one! All I meant was that the use of emotional blackmail on Tom may have predisposed Sir. T. to use it on all the young people. He does not use this kind of force on Mrs. Norris, or on his wife--them he treats with respect and a higher form of courtesy. But with the young people he is coercive. Is this the kernel of patriarchy you saw before? If so, it may be more generational than gender-based!
- Cruelty in subjecting you to ramblings& possible kernel of truth? Bonny 07:45:19 6/22/98 (7)
- Fifth Impressions gkb 11:44:51 6/22/98 (6)
- Woww! Who needs sunglasses now? ;-) nfm Constanza 12:25:28 6/22/98 (5)
- I meant to say.... gkb 12:42:13 6/20/98 (1)
- Oh, gkb! LOL! (nfm) Bonny 21:33:23 6/20/98 (0)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.