How do you see Sir Thomas?
Posted by gkb on June 16, 1998 at 12:14:45:
In response to I'm enjoying these discussions. Interesting..., written by Leaa on June 09, 1998 at 22:47:57
Indented a few lines below, Bonny and Constanza are piecing together a new viewpoint on Sir Thomas that is very interesting. Where does he fall on the scales of Appearance--Substance and Principles--Intent in your eyes? I am too am puzzled as to what is "wrong" with him or in the family dynamic that makes Maria and Tom fail to learn their prime duties. Perhaps Sir T. was too much absorbed with bringing Tom's overt bad behavior into line to be able to see Maria's conceit--besides, he was gone during much of her adolescent growth. Maybe the fault was not in him only but in untoward circumstances and his lack of flexiblity?
- Sir T and Austen admitting he was wrong(Long!) Bonny 21:15:52 6/17/98 (15)
- Suffering and relief from suffering gkb 12:21:30 6/18/98 (12)
- Yes...and...but... Bonny 08:32:54 6/19/98 (11)
- Crime and Crewelty gkb 17:00:29 6/19/98 (10)
- Cruelty in subjecting you to ramblings& possible kernel of truth? Bonny 07:45:19 6/22/98 (7)
- Fifth Impressions gkb 11:44:51 6/22/98 (6)
- Woww! Who needs sunglasses now? ;-) nfm Constanza 12:25:28 6/22/98 (5)
- I meant to say.... gkb 12:42:13 6/20/98 (1)
- Oh, gkb! LOL! (nfm) Bonny 21:33:23 6/20/98 (0)
- A hurried answer with random thoughts Constanza 08:46:04 6/18/98 (1)
- Don't apologize... Bonny 08:36:59 6/19/98 (0)
- Sir Thomas learns from his mistakes... Lea 13:59:35 6/17/98 (5)
- Lea, can I jump in with a quick thank you? OliviaAnn 11:04:43 6/22/98 (1)
- Thanks, Olivia. It's very nice to meet you! :-) nfm Lea 12:17:08 6/22/98 (0)
- Deceived or lazy? Constanza 18:17:57 6/18/98 (0)
- ironic... Bonny 21:42:29 6/17/98 (1)
- I agree about the irony and the similarities b/w SirT & Mr.B nfm Constanza 08:48:15 6/18/98 (0)
- I'm working on my response, hope to post sometime today :-) nfm Lea 08:20:43 6/17/98 (0)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.