Brideshead Revisited: A question or two
Posted by Tay on June 11, 1998 at 12:06:18:
I just finished reading this novel by Evelyn Waugh, and had to say it was really touching stuff. But I have a question - can Sebastian and Charles' relationship really be gay? I mean, I know they loved eachother, but I didn't think it was in that physical way, I thought they were just really really good buddies. And for anyone who's seen it on film, how do they portray that?
Thanks in advance to any responses
- Brideshead... Kate 14:08:25 6/11/98 (12)
- Waugh's "homosexuality" Art 15:54:13 6/14/98 (0)
- The Miniseries Golda 13:39:53 6/12/98 (1)
- Cordelia mari 10:05:18 6/18/98 (0)
- Poem 'Stop the Clocks' lizard 08:54:47 6/12/98 (2)
- funnily enough I have just this minute copied it out Clare 10:34:49 6/16/98 (0)
- you're absolutely right, of course... OOPS! nfm Kate 12:44:13 6/12/98 (0)
- Hmmm. . . Tay 17:22:30 6/11/98 (5)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.