Posted by Helen on May 29, 1998 at 10:47:39:
I was talking with a friend at lunch today about Emma, and the Frank Churchill/Jane Fairfax match - at which point I made the comment that I don't think it really works (I'm sorry if this offends anyone) because (as we both agreed) it doesn't look as if it will be a terribly happy marriage, and (as I claimed) Jane Fairfax is set up as a good character, and good characters always make sensible matches...
Is this a valid assertion? Can you think of any exceptions?
- Sensible is hard to define Laraine 17:29:32 6/01/98 (0)
- Maybe not a major character, but... Linden 03:24:54 5/31/98 (0)
- Engagements Margie 21:53:32 5/29/98 (0)
- Short and sweet gkb 20:39:19 5/29/98 (0)
- JA's own view Caroline 20:26:56 5/29/98 (0)
- Hard to tell Constanza 17:50:45 5/29/98 (0)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.