Posted by Linden on May 19, 1998 at 20:27:58:
In response to Re: Future Lady Eliot, written by Cassia on May 19, 1998 at 17:06:23
] After Mrs Clay moves into Mr Eliot's home it all becomes a battle of wills, the same battle fought by Henry Crawford and Maria Bertram Rushworth, recall who won that round. I'd bet my last penney on Mr Eliot throwing off Mrs Clay after a while. After all, she isn't clever or beautiful and she already has two children. Not the most attractive package in the world, I'd say.
But she's a clever, calculating woman - a re-run of Lucy Steele rather than Maria Bertram. I don't think she'd ruin herself without a good chance of winning the big one. A gamble, certainly, but one that she might well think worth it. After all, what has she got to lose? A position as a servile flatterer?
And wouldn't she enjoy crowing over Elizabeth!
- First Marriage Cassia 19:43:13 5/21/98 (0)
- Thunderbirds are go! (nfm) Sarah P 14:38:31 5/20/98 (3)
- I really loved that show as a kid, but I haven't seen it at all for a looong time... [NFM] The Mysterious H.C. 08:31:40 5/23/98 (0)
- Of course, B'Lady! (nfm):-) Parker..... er, Caroline 20:02:04 5/20/98 (0)
- Actually, she'd be Lady Eliot, but... Linden 19:22:30 5/20/98 (0)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.