Posted by Janette on May 15, 1998 at 20:55:13:
In response to Fans of Lucia, please raise your hands, written by Constanza on May 15, 1998 at 16:08:32
] as I have a few questions to ask you ;-)
] 1) Who baptized Mrs. Emmeline Lucas, Lucia? Was it her husband?
] 2) Why was her husband called Pepino? It sounds so silly!
] 3) Is Georgie gay?
] 4) Which is the first book of the series? (I am reading my first one "Lucia and Mapp", it's the first one of a omnibus edition called "Lucia Vixtrix").
] 5) How old Lucia is?
] 6) How old Georgie is?
] 7) Is Georgie younger than Lucia?
] 8) Does Lucia's husband appear alive in any other of the books?
] 9) How many books are there in total?
] Thank you very much :-p
Just off the top of my head...
(1) We're not told but I suspect Lucia herself.
(2) His name is Philip. Shorten that to Pip and Italianise it - voila
(3) He is sure he is in love with Olga Bracely (Queen Lucia?) if that's any use.
(4) The 6 books in order are: Queen Lucia, Miss Mapp, Lucia in London, Mapp and Lucia, Lucia's Progress, Trouble for Lucia.
(5) In Lucia's Progress (I think) she turns 50
(6) A few years younger
(8) In the first 3. Well not exactly, as they neither of them appear in Miss Mapp. He's ailing at the end of Lucia in London but tactfully dies between books.
(9) 6. Happy Reading!!! I wish there were more.
- lucia.... Kate 21:52:19 5/15/98 (0)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.