I think it's pretty simple
Posted by Laraine on May 13, 1998 at 16:17:23:
In response to Mansfield Park- a bunch of questions, written by Bonny on May 13, 1998 at 05:29:51
I think the reason that Mary and Henry are drawn to Edmund and Fanny is really rather simple: Edmund and Fanny are good, intelligent, and interesting people. Mary and Henry appear not to have known many such--they are (eventually) both surprised and intrigued. Until coming to Mansfield, they had hung about with too many people like Maria -- good looking and rich, perhaps, but also spoiled, self-indulgent, and petty. Our hero and heroine are none of the latter list.
- Your comments are right on target! Lea 11:44:06 5/14/98 (9)
- Lea, Laraine, Bonny 05:18:05 5/15/98 (7)
- Choosing to do right... Lea 16:38:29 5/17/98 (2)
- If I may butt in... Constanza 10:55:38 5/15/98 (3)
- Gosh! Laraine 15:58:43 5/14/98 (0)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.