Jack and Alice - some favourites
Posted by Kate on May 10, 1998 at 19:58:45:
I LOLed at various points in this:
"the whole party (not excepting Virtue) were carried home, Dead Drunk"
( in fact the whole drunkeness theme is very funny all the way through - so much for JA being refined and elegant!)
"Alice had too sincere a respect for Lady Williams and too great a relish for her claret, not to make every concession in her power"
And poor Lucy reciting her whole story, prior to telling them she has been caugh in a man-trap and has a broken leg!
"when they parted, which was not till after Supper, [Alice] assured [Lucy]that except her Father, Brother, Uncles, Aunts, Cousins & other relations, Lady Williams, Charles
Adams, & a few dozen more of particular freinds, she loved her better than almost any other person in the world."
And Jack, the hero, only gets a mention to tell us that he died of drink!
- More Cheryl 14:30:31 5/11/98 (1)
- And Charles' wit Constanza 17:29:46 5/11/98 (0)
- Descriptions Constanza 11:49:37 5/11/98 (0)
- Capitals Lise 23:14:30 5/10/98 (6)
- capitals...HC can you help? Kate 08:37:52 5/11/98 (5)
- On a similar note... May 23:11:22 5/10/98 (1)
- Lady Williams Cheryl 14:33:59 5/11/98 (0)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.