more on time of setting..
Posted by Kate on May 05, 1998 at 22:33:24:
apart from the reference to the Anglo Nicaraguan war of 1946, there's also a reference by Mr Neck, to finding another Clark Gable - who was "twenty years ago"
Surely in 1932, Clark Gable was just starting his career? How prescient of Stella to know he'd be memorable.
He's also looking for "a new Gary Cooper" who also must have been very new at that point. Ditto for Stella.
- Any reason for this??? Barbara 00:05:33 5/07/98 (0)
- Caught my eye as well Karen R 10:26:09 5/06/98 (11)
- CCF was published in 1932.... Kate 12:52:07 5/06/98 (1)
- Exactly Karen R 13:34:24 5/06/98 (0)
- Not South American Constanza 12:34:53 5/06/98 (8)
- LA history bananite 12:07:57 5/13/98 (0)
- Geography ;-) Karen R 13:38:34 5/06/98 (6)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.